Ophthalmology is a specialty offering medical and surgical treatment for eye disorders. At Apollo Bramwell Hospital we offer international standards of treatment for both common and complex eye disorders.
In keeping with our commitment to provide world class healthcare, we at Apollo Bramwell bring together talented ophthalmic surgeons with the best modern technology and working environment to ensure the highest standard of patient care.
The Apollo Bramwell Hospital offers the latest methods of medical and surgical treatment including:
- Cataract removal (Phacoemulsification with foldable intraocular lens Implantation)
Our centre uses the best quality lens in the world (Acrysoft foldable IOL from alcon). Surgery is performed through a small incision which is specially perfected so that it closes without stitches. This reduces the astigmatism , thereby minimizing the prescription needed for glasses after the surgery. The surgery is performed as an outpatient procedure and patients can return home the same day.
- Surgical treatment for glaucoma diseases-Trabeculectomy (per eye)
- Squint Correction
- Treatment for Pterygium - Pterygium excision with conjunctival autograft
- Treatment for Chalazion
- Retinal lasers
- ROP screening
- Comprehensive vision testing and full eye examinations MUR 1000/-
- Corneal transplant surgery using tissues from Tissue Bank International. (Penetrating keratoplasty +ECCE+IOL ,DSAEK +Phacoemulsification with FIOL)
- CXL-Collagen cross linking for keratoconus
Facilities and Equipment
- State of art operation theatre
- Well-equipped ophthalmology examination rooms
- Perimetry for Visual field testing.
- Pentacam machines for corneal topography
- IROC-UV-X machine for Keratoconus treatment
- A-Scan machine
- HVF visual field machine
- YAG laser machine
- Argon laser machine