EMERGENCY AMBULANCE HOTLINE NUMBER: 132
The Apollo Bramwell Hospital Emergency Department is geared to meet all medical and surgical emergencies, including pediatrics, obstetrics gynecology, and geriatrics and poly trauma for 24 hours. It is backed by consultants from all specialties and super specialties round the clock for all critical conditions. Emergency department is attached with operation theatre for all emergency surgeries and procedures. We have a modern and well-equipped ambulance which operates 24hours a day and seven days a week with experienced doctors and nurses. The ambulance has provision for Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) and Basic Life Support (BLS) The hospital has been provided with easily accessible ‘Ambulance Hotline Number ‘132’ whenever an ambulance is needed.
What is unique about our emergency service?
- We have a fully equipped Emergency Department to deal with all emergencies including casualty.
- We have the best ambulances in Mauritius to support our emergency services.
- We have all Consultant doctors on call 24 hours a day for emergency cases.
- We have a dedicated hotline number for emergency ambulance calls.
The emergency department has fast access to all investigations needed during an emergency.
- MRI, CT Scan, X-ray, Ultrasound are available 24hours for emergency cases and results will be available within 2 hours for emergency patients.
- Our laboratory functions 24 hours reports available within 2 hours for emergency cases.
- All investigation reports are digitalized Pharmacy:
We also have a pharmacy working 24 hours, 7 days a week to support emergency service. The pharmacy also provides drugs to walk-in patients.
The emergency department is manned with the fully trained staff to handle emergency situations. We have:
- Consultant Doctors
- Medical officers and Resident Doctors
- Nurse supervisor
- Emergency staff nurses
- Ambulance trained nurses and driver
- Customer support secretararies
We have the best facility in the region to support the emergency services. Our infrastructure at emergency includes:
- Triage Room
- Emergency Room
- Treatment Room
- Plaster Room
- Isolation room
- Emergency operation theatre
- Recovery room
- Shower for decontamination of chemical injuiries
Our Ambulance Services:
Our fully equipped ambulance is a mobile critical care unit and provides:
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support and Basic Life Support.
- Fast response and quality care to increase a patient’s chances of recovery in the event of any emergency.
- Transportation of patients from place of emergency or from other hospital to Apollo Bramwell Hospital.
- Transportation of patients from hospital to patient’s destination.
Our ambulances are equipped with the following:
- Defibrillator – used to deliver an electric shock to the chest in the event of a heart attack.
- External Pacemaker –used to manage a very slow heart rate
- Ventilator – used to support breathing if a patient stops breathing on his/her own
- Orthopedics Splints – used to manage any type of fractures
- ECG – used to monitor heart performance
- Emergency life saving drugs needed for critical situations.
ABH Emergency Rescue Motorcycles
The three new Harley-Davidson bikes are an important addition to the hospital’s emergency services with the growing number of emergency cases treated at Apollo Bramwell.
The bikes are manned by Apollo Bramwell’s emergency response teams which include an experienced rider and a nurse. The motorcycles carry the same equipment as an ambulance, with the exception of a stretcher.